Sweaty palms and soles are notoriously difficult to treat. Although DryDerm PP can help it may fall short of expectations in more resistant cases. If you are having trouble with your palms and/or soles, you may want to consider iontophoresis. In fact, you might try both a topical treatment like DryDerm PP and iontophoresis as opposed to one or the other.
Several studies have demonstrated that ordinary tap water iontophoresis usually provides a good degree of relief from symptoms. However, Additional studies have shown that using a solution of aluminum chloride hexahydrate (ACH) or glycopyrrolate (GLY) increases the efficacy of iontophoresis.
- Focal Hyperhidrosis Learning Center - Our Surveys
- Hyperhidrosis Surveys - Results >
- Hyperhidrosis & Dry Pharmacist Learning Tools
- Hyperhidrosis Living Life Questionnaire
- Sweat Help Button - Ask the Dry Pharmacist
- DryDerm Stories
- Refer a Friend
- Sweat Too Much?
- Hyperhidrosis IQ
- The Dry Pharmacy
- About Us
Why We Sweat
- Focal vs Generalized Hyperhidrosis >
- Cause of Focal Hyperhidrosis >
- You Are Not Alone >
- Focal Hyperhidrosis - A Snapshot
- Hyperhidrosis and Quality of Life >
- Gustatory Hyperhidrosis and Facial/Scalp Sweating >
- Compensatory Hyperhidrosis >
- Pros and Cons of Hyperhidrosis Treatments >
- How Severe is Your Sweating Condition
- Social Anxiety Disorder and Hyperhidrosis >
- Hyperhidrosis and Children >
- Kids' Corner - Why do I Sweat so Much >
- Excessive Sweating - Affected Regions >
- Bromhidrosis >
- Drug-induced Hyperhidrosis >
- Hyperhidrosis and Homeopathy >
- Recent Clinical Studies
- Success Stories
Introducing DryDerm Gel
- Palmoplantar Hyperhidrosis - DryDerm PP >
- DryDerm Iontophoresis solutions >
- Scalp/Head Hyperhidrosis - DryDerm solution >
- DryDerm HC >
- Gustatory Sweating - DryDerm G >
- Treating Compensatory Sweating
- Inguinal or Groin Sweating
- DryDerm ped
- DryDerm Powders >
- Combination Therapy
- Special Orders
- Introducing DryDerm Gel >
More specifically, it has been shown that solutions of ACH or GLY provide a longer lasting relief. As a result, fewer treatments are required. These studies are summarized on our Iontophoresis Solutions - Study Results page. Solutions of ACH or GLY are available as concentrated solutions from the Dry Pharmacist - all you do is add a certain amount of water to render them ready-for-use (see our Special Orders page for more info).
A focal hyperhidrosis blog dedicated to all matters related to excessive sweating.
Because Sweating Matters!
Subscribe to our
Add your email address below and click on the 'Subscribe' button.
We will email you blog updates once a month.
Rate our Sweating Matters Blog
The Focal Hyperhidrosis Learning Center
What Are Your
Wonder how much Your Condition is Interfering with Your Life?
Does Eating make You sweat?
We're all ears!
Make a suggestion.
We read each and everyone of them.
Blogging Fusion Blog Directory
* Sweating Matters is a trademark of The Dry Pharmacist.
Copyright © 2012 The Dry Pharmacist