- Focal Hyperhidrosis Learning Center - Our Surveys
- Hyperhidrosis Surveys - Results >
- Hyperhidrosis & Dry Pharmacist Learning Tools
- Hyperhidrosis Living Life Questionnaire
- Sweat Help Button - Ask the Dry Pharmacist
- DryDerm Stories
- Refer a Friend
- Sweat Too Much?
- Hyperhidrosis IQ
- The Dry Pharmacy
- About Us
Why We Sweat
- Focal vs Generalized Hyperhidrosis >
- Cause of Focal Hyperhidrosis >
- You Are Not Alone >
- Focal Hyperhidrosis - A Snapshot
- Hyperhidrosis and Quality of Life >
- Gustatory Hyperhidrosis and Facial/Scalp Sweating >
- Compensatory Hyperhidrosis >
- Pros and Cons of Hyperhidrosis Treatments >
- How Severe is Your Sweating Condition
- Social Anxiety Disorder and Hyperhidrosis >
- Hyperhidrosis and Children >
- Kids' Corner - Why do I Sweat so Much >
- Excessive Sweating - Affected Regions >
- Bromhidrosis >
- Drug-induced Hyperhidrosis >
- Hyperhidrosis and Homeopathy >
- Recent Clinical Studies
- Success Stories
Introducing DryDerm Gel
- Palmoplantar Hyperhidrosis - DryDerm PP >
- DryDerm Iontophoresis solutions >
- Scalp/Head Hyperhidrosis - DryDerm solution >
- DryDerm HC >
- Gustatory Sweating - DryDerm G >
- Treating Compensatory Sweating
- Inguinal or Groin Sweating
- DryDerm ped
- DryDerm Powders >
- Combination Therapy
- Special Orders
- Introducing DryDerm Gel >
About the Dry Pharmacist
First of all, thank you for visiting, and welcome to the Dry Pharmacist website.
The name 'Dry Pharmacist' was coined in hopes that it would be meaningful and memorable. Visitors of our site have access to a healthcare professional willing to help with and consult about their specific sweating condition and its treatment. The 'Dry Pharmacist' also conveys a sense of hope for individuals living with hyperhidrosis - pharmacists are always looking for solutions to health problems, whether a treatment is tried and true or the latest to be added to pharmacy shelves. (please feel free to use our Ask The Dry Pharmacist or Sweat Help button as you visit the site).
I have been in practice for over 20 years now. Over time, many patients have approached me with this condition - most were frustrated thinking that nothing could be done about it. More importantly, I was amazed to learn about the psychological, social, emotional and professional impact this condition can have on individuals’ lives. Despite its impact on quality of life, hyperhidrosis is a condition that all too often slips under the medical radar. For these reasons I became very interested in the condition. So much so that it has become a priority in my professional life. As you are well aware, treating hyperhidrosis is more than just controlling a sweating condition. It's also about providing a treatment that will help overcome the problems associated with it.
Why the Dry Pharmacist
When I first started practicing I didn’t know a thing about hyperhidrosis – didn’t even know the term! The truth is, they don’t teach you anything about this in pharmacy school. Pharmacists are typically trained to consult about conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, and infectious diseases, to name a few. I suppose they can’t teach us everything. In time I learned that most individuals dealing with excessive sweating felt isolated, seemingly with few resources at their disposal.
As I explored possible treatment options, it became apparent that the options were limited and the disadvantages were significant. Treatments were invasive, perhaps painful, expensive, time consuming and far from straight forward. The shortcomings of available so-called 'clinical strength' antiperspirants were also apparent. They simply lacked the strength or concentration of ingredients that many patients required to control their condition.
To make a long story short, I began compounding and offering high-strength formulations to some patients. It quickly became apparent that existing 'clinical strength' topical formulations did not suffice for those with a more severe sweating condition. For many, a high potency formulation was exactly the treatment needed - their profuse sweating became increasingly more manageable, diminishing significantly or altogether disappearing.
As with many medical conditions, it was also apparent that nobody sweats to the same extent and severities vary from individual to another. In addition, some individuals have sensitive skin, others less so. A series of different strength high-potency topical gels made a lot of sense. This allowed patients to find the formulation that was just right for their particular condition.
Our hope is to leverage this experience and patient success to a greater number of people. Essentially that's the idea behind DryDerm and The Dry Pharmacist. We hope you enjoy your visit and hope to hear from you often.