- Focal Hyperhidrosis Learning Center - Our Surveys
- Hyperhidrosis Surveys - Results >
- Hyperhidrosis & Dry Pharmacist Learning Tools
- Hyperhidrosis Living Life Questionnaire
- Sweat Help Button - Ask the Dry Pharmacist
- DryDerm Stories
- Refer a Friend
- Sweat Too Much?
- Hyperhidrosis IQ
- The Dry Pharmacy
- About Us
Why We Sweat
- Focal vs Generalized Hyperhidrosis >
- Cause of Focal Hyperhidrosis >
- You Are Not Alone >
- Focal Hyperhidrosis - A Snapshot
- Hyperhidrosis and Quality of Life >
- Gustatory Hyperhidrosis and Facial/Scalp Sweating >
- Compensatory Hyperhidrosis >
- Pros and Cons of Hyperhidrosis Treatments >
- How Severe is Your Sweating Condition
- Social Anxiety Disorder and Hyperhidrosis >
- Hyperhidrosis and Children >
- Kids' Corner - Why do I Sweat so Much >
- Excessive Sweating - Affected Regions >
- Bromhidrosis >
- Drug-induced Hyperhidrosis >
- Hyperhidrosis and Homeopathy >
- Recent Clinical Studies
- Success Stories
Introducing DryDerm Gel
- Palmoplantar Hyperhidrosis - DryDerm PP >
- DryDerm Iontophoresis solutions >
- Scalp/Head Hyperhidrosis - DryDerm solution >
- DryDerm HC >
- Gustatory Sweating - DryDerm G >
- Treating Compensatory Sweating
- Inguinal or Groin Sweating
- DryDerm ped
- DryDerm Powders >
- Combination Therapy
- Special Orders
- Introducing DryDerm Gel >
LiquiCera Product Information
This medication is used to help soften and remove a build-up or impaction of earwax. This medication is for topical use only, specifically the outer ear canal.
HOW TO USE
Wash your hands. Warm the solution in the palm of your hands for a few minutes. Shake the bottle prior to use. Tilt your head to the side (or lie on your side). With one hand, gently pull the top of your ear up and back - this straightens out the ear canal and allows the liquid to reach the eardrum. With the other hands, add the drops. The number of drops can vary, ten to twenty usually is sufficient. Let go of your ear and keep your head tilted. Leave the solution in place for 5 to 10 minutes. Capture the oil flow and tidy up using a facial tissue.
Repeat every 2 weeks to prevent impaction recurrences. or, use periodically or monthly to maintain good ear canal health. Not for use in children less than 12 years.
LiquiCera is generally well tolerated and usually does not cause any side effects. However, allergic reactions are possible. These include symptoms such as redness and/or rash. Although rare and short lived, stinging and/or soreness are possible. If any side effect is experienced and does not subside, do not introduce a second dose. Consult a healthcare professional in such cases.
Most people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
Topical administration of sodium bicarbonate or a low-dose corticosteroid (0.5-1% hydrocortisone) may be used to limit or treat irritation.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching or swelling. This may not be a complete list
of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use LiquiCera if you have a perforated eardrum (or tympanic membrane) or if you have ear pain. Consult a physician in these cases.
Do not use LiquiCera if you have inflammation or infection of any part of the ear (e.g. otitis media, otitis externa). Liquicera should not be used if you suspect or have allergies to any of the ingredients (see product label).
Liquicera can be used if are are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant. LiquiCera can be used if you are breast-feeding
Do not share this medication with others.
Store at room temperature between 59-86°F (15-30°C) Keep all medicines away from children and pets. Discard unused medication after date of expiry (see product label). The expiry date refers to the last day of the month that is indicated.